Top ten reasons why your boss should sign off on Intranets2012
Categorised under: Conferences & presentations
Talking with intranets teams throughout Australia (and beyond), there’s no doubt that everyone wants to attend Intranets2012 in Sydney on May 16-18. We recognise, however, that is can be a challenge to get sign-off and budget from the boss.
So to help you make the case, these are our top ten reasons why your boss should sign off on Intranets2012:
- It’s cheaper than an international airfare. Australia is a long way from the rest of the world, making it harder for us to benefit from the best of global thinking. So we’ve brought in speakers from the US, UK, Singapore and New Zealand.
- It saves reinventing the wheel. Intranets are hidden away within organisations, making it practically impossible to find out what others are doing. So we’ve packed the conference with hand-picked case studies showing what can and should be done.
- You’ll bring back practical ideas and approaches. The mix of talks will provide many practical ideas and insights that can be put into action immediately.
- A problem shared is a problem halved. Make career-long connections with other intranet teams, allowing you to “call a friend” when in need of examples or solutions.
- It’s an opportunity to see the future. Alongside practical case studies and hands-on techniques, Intranets2012 will share the leading edge of thinking, helping to guide future visions and plans.
- It’s the only conference of its kind in Australia. This is the only true conference for intranet folks, by intranet folks. It’s also completely vendor and sponsor free, so you won’t be paying to receive product pitches.
- Everyone else will be there. This isn’t one of those so-called “conferences” with 20 people in a room. Instead, there will be over 100 enthusiastic attendees, and two parallel streams of talks.
- Intranets2012 is ideal preparation for an upcoming intranet project. If an intranet revamp or redesign is planned, the conference will provide the knowledge needed to deliver a great new site.
- Intranets2012 is an investment in your business. Great intranets deliver tangible benefits for the organisations they support, and this conference will show you how.
- Even intranet teams need some fun. Running intranets can be challenging (and sometimes thankless), so Intranets2012 will provide a much-needed energy boost for hard-working teams.
See you at Intranets2012, and don’t forget that early-bird rates close in a month (March 15).