Following on from Rebecca Rodger’s article Helping intranet authors write quality content, it’s worth highlighting that Rebecca runs in-house “writing for the intranet” courses throughout Australia.
Writing for the intranet
Good quality intranet content is integral to the success of an intranet. These full day hands-on writing for the web workshops will equip intranet authors with the skills and knowledge to improve their intranet content for scanability and usefulness.
Topics modules can include:
- the purposes of an intranet
- writing for the web key principles
- understanding your user and their needs
- common pitfalls for intranet content
- elements of great content (with specific ideas to help you improve your content)
- tests for quality content
- top tips for improving intranet content
- let’s write: hands on activity to re-write your content
With up to 15 participants per workshop, participants will learn the key principles and good writing techniques. There will also be an opportunity to write or re-write existing content within the workshop environment which means content is ready to go when it comes time to migrate content or launch the new intranet.