How to improve intranet content? (a mindmap)
There are many ways of improving the quality and value of intranet content. To progress discussions on this topic, we’ve produced a mindmap that brings together almost a hundred ideas. Download the PDF (72kb), and print it on a big piece of paper.
This can be used in a number of ways:
- Highlight on the mindmap all the activities and ideas you are already doing, and identify where the gaps lie.
- Conduct further research into potential ideas and approaches, using the mindmap as a starting point.
- Clarify team and individual responsibilities relating to intranet content.
- Help the team to break out of old habits, giving an opportunity to consider new ideas.
- Gather together the intranet team and decentralised authors, and use the mindmap to discuss the current situation, and possible improvements.
- Demonstrate to management the work that the intranet team does to help deliver good intranet content.
- Compare notes between intranet teams, using the mindmap to identify differences and similarities.
- Use as a framework to structure discussions and activities at intranet conferences and other gatherings.
This is version 1.0, released in the spirit of helping all intranet teams. It’s also helped us to get all our ideas on a single piece of paper. Please do send us a message if you have any comments, suggestions or ideas. We’ll then incorporate these, and released updated versions when appropriate.